Flame Hawkfish (Neocirrhites armatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Flame Hawkfish, Brilliant Hawkfish, Scarlet Hawkfish
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Found in the Pacific Ocean, predominantly in the Ryukyu Islands to the Line Islands and Mangaréva, south to the Great Barrier Reef and the Austral Islands; Caroline, Mariana, and the Wake islands in Micronesia.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- The Flame Hawkfish is generally peaceful towards other fish but it's best kept one to a tank and not with smaller fish nor invertebrates. It should be kept with other bottom dwellers with caution.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- A secure lid is a must as these fish are known to jump.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Rather than swimming, the Flame Hawkfish prefers to perch on a rock to survey its surroundings.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
References[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: ) Distribution
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )