Spotted Doras (Agamyxis pectinifrons)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
10.2-14cm (4-5.5 ")
6.0 - 7.5
20-25.6°C (68 -78 °F)
- Spotted Doras, Whitebarred Catfish, Spotted Raphael Catfish, Spotted Talking Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Doras flavopictus, Doras pectinifrons
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- It is not possible to visually sex this fish and there have been no records of it being bred in captivity.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish is generally peaceful towards similar sized or larger fish but can pose a threat to smaller fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellets and wafers as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious tank with hiding places available.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- This fish is generally nocturnal, young fish may venture out during the day for food but will otherwise remain hidden until after dark.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Typical Thorny Catfish shape, dark base colour covered with attractive small light-coloured spots. These spots range from bright white to pale yellow.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )