Red Fin Thresher Pleco (Aphanotorulus emarginatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Fin Thresher Pleco
246 Litres (65 US G.)
30.5-39.9cm (12-15.7 ")
6.4 - 7.2
25 -28 °C (77-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- L011, L035, L108, L116
Additional scientific names
- Hypostomus emarginatus, Squaliforma emarginata
Origin[edit | edit source]
- L011 - Brazil: Rio Xingú at Altamira.
- L035 was introduced from Brazil, specifically the Rio Araguaia, just upstream of confluence with the Rio Tocantins.
- L108 - Ecuador: Upper Rio Napo.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males in breeding condition posses extremely elongate, bristle-like odontodes. These cover the entire back and sides behind the dorsal fin.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious well filtered mature tank with good water flow. Plenty of caves are a must have for this fish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )