Red Phantom Tetra (Hyphessobrycon sweglesi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Red Phantom Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
2-3.3cm (0.8-1.3 ")
5.5 - 7.5
20 -23 °C (68-73.4°F)
- Red Phantom Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Megalamphodus sweglesi, Magalamphodus sweglesi
Origin[edit | edit source]
- South America: Orinoco River basin.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are more brightly coloured with slightly more elongated and elaborate fins.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Do not keep with long-finned fish as these fish may nip.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous, will take pellets and flake as well as live and frozen food.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish prefers a spacious tank with open swimming place and room to shoal. Some hiding places in plants would be appreciated.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A pretty fish that looks similar in colour and shape to the Serpae Tetra but the body is slightly more elongated and the black mark on their flanks is more rounded.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )