Leopard Peckoltia (Peckoltia sp "L008")
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Leopard Peckoltia)
Peckoltia sp "L008"
57 Litres (15 US G.)
7.6-8.1cm (3-3.2 ")
6.0 - 7.0
23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males develop small teeth-like odontodes which adorn the leading pectoral fin rays and the back half of the fish's body. Females remain unadorned and have are broader across the body most evident when the area just behind the pectoral fins is viewed from above.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful towards its tank mates but will be territorial to its own kind and other Plecos.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- An omnivorous Pleco that prefers a meaty diet and will not be effective at eating algae. Provide this Pleco with catfish wafers and live or frozen foods, supplemented with occasional blanched vegetables. May nibble plants if not enough food is provided for it.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Not really planted-tank safe, prefers a tank with rocky décor or and bogwood.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful, but territorial, Pleco.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small spotted Pleco that is cream in base colour with darker spots. Can be mistaken for L006, but the spots are smaller and more irregular on the L008.