Pikehead (Luciocephalus pulcher)
From The Aquarium Wiki
170 Litres (45 US G.)
17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
5.5 - 7.2
22.2-26.1°C (72 -79 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia: Peninsular Thailand, Malaysia, Brunei Darussalam and Indonesia and Singapore
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This is a predatory hunter with an comparatively large mouth, it can be kept in groups of it's own kind and any other tank mates must be larger, relatively docile but robust fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish can be difficult to feed and is best fed with live foods such as bloodworm, it is piscavorous in nature and will eat fish smaller than itself.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish must be kept in immaculate acidic conditions and can be very sensitive to water quality issues so any tank must be very mature. They do best in planted tanks without very bright lighting and plenty of hiding places.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )