Picasso Triggerfish (Rhinecanthus aculeatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
322 Litres (85 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Blackbar Triggerfish, Humu Picasso Triggerfish, Humuhumu Triggerfish, Picasso Triggerfish
Additional scientific names
- Balistapus aculeatus, Balistes aculeatus, Balistes heteracanthus, Balistes ornatissimus, Monacanthus cheverti, Rhinecanthus aculeatus aculeatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to visually sex.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- These fish can be aggressive and will eat inverts around the tank, for that reason this fish is best kept in a fish-only with live rock but not corals set up. Keep only with similar sized robust tank mates, smaller fish may be eaten and shy fish may be bullied.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A medium-range aggressive and territorial Triggerfish. Some have said it peaceful, and amicable, while others claim it's aggressive and territorial. While definitely not as aggressive as the Undulated Triggerfish, or the Queen Triggerfish, it is most definitely more aggressive than, for example a Crosshatch Triggerfish or a Sargassum Triggerfish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )