Beau Gregory (Stegastes leucostictus)
473 Litres (125 US G.)
9.4-10.2cm (3.7-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
25.6-26.7°C (78 -80 °F)
- Yellow-Belly, Gregory
Additional scientific names
- Pomacentrus leucostictus, Eupomacentrus leucostictus
- Found from southern Florida (USA), Bermuda, and northern Gulf of Mexico to Brazil.
- Not easy to visually sex.
- Relatively peaceful; while stegastes species are generally belligerent, this species is unusually peaceful, especially compared to fellow species.
Omnivorous; will "farm" algae for a steady source of food, a behaviour that is found in stegastes damselfish.
- Reef tank.
- Docile, and active; this species displays stegastes species behaviour where they "farm" algae on a bare surface for food.
A yellow fish with a blue back, and an ocellus, or spot on the dorsal fin.
Notes[edit | edit source]
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|Wild specimen:||Wild specimen:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )