Tiger Lotus (Nymphaea zenkeri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Alternative Names and Variants
- Tiger Lotus, Nymphaea Lotus, Red Tiger Lotus, Green Tiger Lotus
- Easy plant to grow. If growing from a bulb, drop the bulb in the aquarium and let it grow, don't bury it in the gravel. In some cases it will stay small enough to be placed in the foreground, but in other cases it will sprout to the surface in a matter of days.
- Circular shaped leaves on a thin stalk sprouting from a bulb.
- Regular pruning before the leaves break the surface will force the plant to grow smaller, shorter leaves.
- Apply fertiliser tablets to the root regularly every few months.