From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Amquel+)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
What is it
AmQuel+ (AmQuel plus) is a popular and well respected water conditioner for aquariums.
It is used to render non-toxic all forms of ammonia, ammonium, nitrite or nitrates from the water, including ammonia in chloramine and the chemical chlorine.
- Kordon claims it removes/detoxifies toxic pheromones from the water.
- AmQuel+ has a long indefinite shelf life at full effectiveness that is expected to be many years.
- It takes approximately 5 minutes to work.
- Note: This is not the same as the Kordon product - AmQuel
- Amquel+ is a sulfinate and sulfoxylate water conditioner.
AmQuel+ is added at a rate of 5ml for every 38 Litres (10 US G.) fresh or salt water. This amount is designed to remove 1.2 mg/L (ppm) of all ammonia compounds, at least 2.0 mg/L (ppm) of nitrites, and at least 13 mg/L (ppm) of nitrates.
When treating tap water this is designed to remove up to 4 mg/L (ppm) of chlorine which is the standard rate in most USA States.
- Note: the total volume of water should be treated per dose, not just the amount of water added or changed.