Atlantic Blue Tang (Acanthurus coeruleus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Atlantic Blue Tang
379 Litres (100 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Atlantic Blue Tang, Blue Tang Surgeonfish, Blue Tang, Blue Doctorfish, Blur Tang
Additional scientific names
- Cirujanos azules, Acanthurus brevis, Acanthurus broussonnetii, Acanthurus caeruleus, Acanthurus heliodes, Acanthurus nigricans, Acanthurus violaceus, Acronurus caeruleatus, Hepatus caeruleus, Hepatus pawnee, Teuthis coeruleus, Teuthis helioides
- Atlantic blue tang is found Caribbean and the West Atlantic ocean.
- The ideal tank should have a good water current to play in, a ph of 8.1 – 8.4, temperature between 75°F and 78°F (25°C – 27°C), sg 1.020 – 1.025, dkh 8 – 12°.
- Marine algae and plant, and will also accept mostly vegetable matter. They will eat meaty foods, but most of their diet should be plant-based.
- Feed 3 times a day.
- The Blue Tang begins life yellow with a blue ring around the eyes, they then mature to the blue that gives it its common name. This Tang is rounded and laterally depressed. Mature fish have triangular caudal fins, the tips become elongated.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )