Beadlet Anemone (Actinia equina)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
208 Litres (55 US G.)
5.1-12.7cm (2-5 ")
8.1 - 8.4
5 -23 °C (41-73.4°F)
- Beadlet Anemone, Red Anemone
- This anemone can be territorial towards other anemones and sting both other anemones and soft corals. It can eat small fish and inverts also. Keep this anemone with caution.
- Carnivore: shrimps, fish, crabs and other small creatures it can catch, it also needs light to produce zooxanthellae.
- Two to three times a week in captivity. In the wild it catches its food in the tidal zone.
- Shore and tidal zone, rocky substrate, and on stones in the litoral zone
- Generally peaceful, but might sting other small corals and catch small fish and crayfish and eat them.
- Red body and tentacles, with blue knobs around the mouth.