Clay Hoplo (Hoplosternum littorale)
From The Aquarium Wiki
208 Litres (55 US G.)
17.8-20.3cm (7-8 ")
6.5 - 7.0
18 -24 °C (64.4-75.2°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Clay Hoplo, Hassar, Cascadura, Fork tailed Hoplo
Additional scientific names
- Callichthys albidus, Callichthys chiquitos, Callichthys laevigatus, Callichthys littoralis, Callichthys melampterus, Callichthys subulatus, Cascadura maculocephala, Cataphractops melampterus, Hoplosternum laevigatum, Hoplosternum littorale daillyi, Hoplosternum schreineri, Hoplosternum shirui, Hoplosternum stevardii
- A generally peaceful fish that will cohabit with its own kind. It may be a threat to very small fish or fry, but otherwise be fine with similar sized peaceful fish.
- Feed once or twice a day. Preferred to be fed at dusk. Active night characteristics.
- These fish look like extra large over-grown Corydoras, they are a relative. The chunky body is dark olive/brown in colour with some darker blotches. It has large "armour plating" scales down its flanks. It has two long sets of barbels and a pointed snout. Albino variants have been seen.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )