Acropora chesterfieldensis (Acropora chesterfieldensis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Acropora chesterfieldensis
- A peaceful coral that should not be kept with fish or invertebrates that may nip it, nor with any other corals that may sting it with their long sweeping tentacles.
- This coral contains the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae from which it receives the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It generally does not require any supplemental feedings but may pick up any other micro-plankton or foods designed for other tank invertebrates.
- This coral does best in an established tank. It prefers a high water current and a high light level (400 to 600PAR), so does best in the middle to upper regions of the tank depending on the lighting. Needs stable water parameters to thrive, and adiquate calcium to grow.
- A smooth skinned SPS coral that has small often teal polyps at the end of its branches. A compact grower.