Sajica Cichlid (Archocentrus sajica)
From The Aquarium Wiki
132 Litres (35 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
7.0 - 7.5
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Costa Rican Blue Eyed Cichlid, Sajica Cichlid, T-Bar Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Cichlasoma sajica, Cryptoheros sajica
- The male is larger than the female and a nuchal hump is evident on the males. The males are a little more colourful. The females have more yellow hues on their fins.
- This fish can be aggressive and shouldn't be kept with smaller fish. Keep in either a species tank or with other similar sized South American Cichlids and larger peaceful South American Characins.
- Omnivorous, will take most foods including Cichlid pellets, bloodworm, daphnia, blanched vegetables and algae wafers.
- Once or twice a day.
- Prefers a good current and likes a small pebble or gravel substrate. Can do well in a planted tank provided plants are well established as this fish can dig.
- A semi-aggressive Cichlid. Aggression increases, especially on the part of the female, if they are spawning and she will defend her eggs and fry ferociously.
- An attractive Cichlid once it has settled into its environment. It's body and fins have blue, yellow and red hues on a olive green base colour. It gets its "T-Bar" common name from the 'T' shape that can occasionally be seen on its flanks.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )