Asiatic Knifefish (Notopterus notopterus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Asiatic Knifefish)
568 Litres (150 US G.)
50-60 cm (19.7-23.6")
6.0 - 6.5
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Asiatic Knifefish, Bronze Featherback, Common Knifefish
Additional scientific names
- Gymnotus notopterus, Clupea synura, Mystus badgee
- This Knifefish, like other Knifefish, only poses a significant threat to those fish small enough to be eaten. It will generally ignore larger fish and is at risk of being bullied by larger boisterous or aggressive species. It should not, however, be kept with other Knifefish, one Knife to a tank, it will be very territorial towards conspecifics. This fish can work well in a large enough tank with fish such as Tinfoil Barbs, Giant Gourami, large Loaches or large Plecos.
- This is a carnivorous fish that prefers live food, should also accept frozen food, including bloodworm. Some fish may be weaned onto dried foods, but not all.
- Feed once a day, this fish will primarily feed at night so feed with tank lights off.
- A large fish that will be territorial towards its own kind, predate on smaller fish but ignore larger fish.
|Asiatic Knifefish:||Albino Variant:|
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )