Clown Killifish (Pseudepiplatys annulatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Banded Panchax)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
2.5-3.8cm (1-1.5 ")
5.5 - 7.2
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Clown Killifish, Banded Killifish, Banded Panchax, Rocket Panchax, Rocket Killifish, Clown Panchax
Additional scientific names
- Epiplatys annulatus, Haplochilus annulatus, Aplocheilus annulatus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a more colourful tail.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Due to this fish's timid nature it should only be housed with peaceful fish of similar tiny size.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- This fish can be kept in aquariums as small as 38 Litres (10 US G.). Keeping this fish in a group and in a heavily planted tank will help reduce stress on your fish. These fish are excellent jumpers, so a tight fitting lid is essential.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- This fish is typically timid and will frequently hide in the ornamentation.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )