Blue Notho (Nothobranchius patrizii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Blue Notho)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.5-4 cm (1.4-1.6")
6 - 7
20 -28 °C (68-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Occurs in temporary pools, swamps and ditches in the coastal plains in Kenya and Somalia.This fish is classified as Vulnerable (VU) on ICUN's Red List because of restricted and diminishing habitat.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- The males are much more colourful than the females, which are virtually colourless.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- These fish should usually be kept together with a number of other like-minded robust killifish. The fish usually get on well together, but always try to keep more female than males.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- The fish does not eat anything but small live food such as tubifex, small fruit flies, mosquito larvae and artemia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- They are gluttons and need to be feed several times a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- These fish are usually kept in a small special aquarium which is specially set up to meet their special needs. A significant portion of the substrates should consist of peat dust. These fish definitely need a variety of refuges, for example in the form of particular dense vegetation and convoluted pieces of petrified wood.
- Direct light coming in from outside is not beneficial to this species, so try to avoid this. The fish also do not appreciate bright lighting. A thick cover in of floating plants will filter the light naturally. They do not like current.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )