Big-Eyed Synodontis (Synodontis pleurops)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Bug Eyed Syno)
170 Litres (45 US G.)
22.9-25.4cm (9-10 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Big-Eyed Synodontis, Congo Squeaker, Bug Eyed Syno
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Cannot be sexed without physical handling.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful, but skittish fish, do not keep with highly aggressive fish, but it can hold it's own with semi-aggressive tank mates. May pose a threat to small fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Omnivorous and will take most foods, prefers algae and vegetable-based foods over meat.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day. This fish can be out-competed for food, so make sure tank mates don't beat it to its dinner.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a planted tank with plenty of hiding places. Prefers to hang vertical than on the substrate so tall plants and upright décor such as bogwood is appreciated.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful and relatively active Syno, can be skittish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A distinctive looking Synodontis. This fish has a large head with large round eyes, a long and forked caudal fin with black bars running through each lobe. The general colour is mottled silver-grey with brown/black markings, some variations can appear spotted or striped. Vivid markings will fade as the fish matures.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )