Calypso Tetra (Hyphessobrycon axelrodi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Calypso Tetra)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
2-2.2 cm (0.8-0.9")
5.5 - 6.0
22 -23 °C (71.6-73.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Calypso Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Aphyocharax axelrodi, Megalamphodus axelrodi, Pristella axelrodi
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Central America: Trinidad.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This Tetra should accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as small live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- In the wild this fish inhabits clear to slightly turbid standing water at low elevations and along the edges of swamps. Occurs frequently in brackish waters.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )