Elegance Coral (Catalaphyllia jardinei)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Elegance Coral, Elegant Coral, Wonder Coral, Ridge Coral
- Known to sting nearby, less aggressive corals as well as needing a reasonably large footprint for full expansion, so place it in your aquarium accordingly.
- As with most corals it will get the majority of its sustenance from its symbiotic algae, although it does appreciate the addition of liquid reef food or smaller brine shrimp into one of its central mouths.
- Appreciates being fed once or twice a week which will ensure it retains its bright colouration and maintains full expansion.
- Capable of stinging and inclined to do so.
- Under actinic lighting, the fluorescent qualities of this coral are beautiful with lime green, blue, orange, or purple-tipped tentacles which vary between branched or round and bulbous shapes. The most common colour variety available to aquarists is gold with pink or purple-tipped polyps.