Creole Topminnow (Girardinus creolus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Creole Topminnow)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
4-4.4 cm (1.6-1.7")
6.0 - 8.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Creole Topminnow, Creole Livebearer
Additional scientific names
- Toxus riddlei, Toxus serripenis, Girardinus serripenis
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have a large gonopodium. Mature females will be larger than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Creole Topminnows will do well with other livebearing species and most community fish provided they are kept in cooler conditions. They should be kept in groups of their own kind, in the typical livebearer ratio of 1 male per 2-3 females.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Should accept most food including small pellet and flake food as well as live/frozen food like brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Girardinus creolus is peaceful and is best kept with other small fish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )