Blue Tetra (Mimagoniates microlepis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Croaking Tetra)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
5-6 cm (2-2.4")
5.5 - 6.5
18 -23 °C (64.4-73.4°F)
- Blue Tetra, Croaking Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Paragoniates microlepis, Coelurichthys microlepis, Coelurichthys iporangae
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature females may appear plumper than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful non-predatory tank mates.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Prefers a spacious mature tank with excellent filtration and water quality as well as hiding places.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful active shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A small elongate fish with transparent fins and a silver body with a blurred black lateral line running from the caudal fin to the mid-section of the body. The body has both gold and blue iridescence.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )