Bengal Loach (Botia dario)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Geto Loach)
132 Litres (35 US G.)
15-16 cm (5.9-6.3")
6.5 - 7.5
23 -26 °C (73.4-78.8°F)
- Bengal Loach, Queen Loach, Geto Loach
Additional scientific names
- Botia geto, Cobitis dario, Cobitis geto, Canthophrys flavicauda, Diacanthus flavicauda, Canthophrys zebra, Diacanthus zebra
- It is not possible to sex this fish visually and there are no known reports of it breeding in captivity.
- A sociable Loach that should be kept in groups of 4 or more. Will be peaceful towards tank mates, but do not keep with fragile fish that may be bothered by this Loach's active nature.
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp. This fish is an omnivore, so make sure to feed algae wafers and/or fresh veggies (such as zucchini) as well.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Requires a spacious tank with good filtration and plenty of hiding places and caves. It requires a soft substrate of fine sand or small rounded gravel.
- An active sociable Loach. Similar to the Clown Loach, this fish will lie on its side sometimes when it sleeps.
- This Loach has the typical elongate Loach shape. Its body is grey in colour with thin yellow bands down the body. The fins are yellow in colouration and the caudal fin has two dark vertical bands.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )