Ladder Loach (Botia rostrata)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Ladder Loach)
95 Litres (25 US G.)
15.2-20.3cm (6-8 ")
3 - 7
24.4-27.8°C (76 -82 °F)
- Twin-banded Loach, Ladder Loach, Dohser, Gangetic Loach, Sergeant Major Loach
- Females are plumper than males.
- A peaceful fish that should be kept in groups in peaceful community tanks. Should not be kept in groups of less than 3 or 4.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm and daphnia. May also eat small snails. Green stuff is an important part of all Loaches' diets and so they should be fed blanched vegetable diet a couple of times a week, suitable examples would be zucchini (courgette), cucumber and lettuce but some like things like broccoli, sprouts or de-shelled peas.
- Feed once or twice a day. Be careful to avoid overfeeding these fish.
- Prefers a spacious well-filtered mature tank with dense planting and plenty of hiding places.
- A peaceful Loach that likes to be in groups, however, in a group they will develop a hierarchy and less dominant fish will need places to hide to avoid being bullied.
- This fish has a creamy base colour on its body with several irregular dark brown vertical twin-bands with blue-grey colouring in between. Not to be mistaken for Botia almorhae, Botia kubotai or Botia striata.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )