Moore's Lamprologus (Variabilichromis moorii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Moore's Lamprologus)
76 Litres (20 US G.)
9-11 cm (3.5-4.3")
7.8 - 8.2
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
- Moore's Lamprologus
Additional scientific names
- Lamprologus moorii, Neolamprologus moorii
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Not an easy Cichlid to sex. Mature males tend to have longer finnage than mature females.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This cichlid is relatively peaceful, even when spawning. It's best kept in pairs with other similar-sized Tanganyikan cichlids that don't occupy the same areas as this cichlid. It should not be kept with more boisterous Mbuna cichlids.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This fish may accept most foods including cichlid pellets and flake, live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp, as well as some vegetable matter such as spirulina.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- These fish prefer a typical African Cichlid set up of rocky décor and caves with a sandy substrate. Excellent filtration is a must.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Relatively peaceful in African Cichlid standards.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Adults exhibit a dark patterning, but depending on locality, the fry may be dark (like adults), yellow or orange, with the yellow and orange juveniles taking on the adult colouration as they mature.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )