False Eight-Banded Barb (Eirmotus octozona)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Octozona Barb)
False Eight-Banded Barb
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3-3.3cm (1.2-1.3 ")
6.0 - 7.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- False Eight-Banded Barb, Octozona Barb
Additional scientific names
- Eirmotus octazona
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A shy shoaling fish which must be kept in groups of six or more. Do not keep with aggressive fish or fish which may out-compete them to food.
Diet[edit | edit source]
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day. Timid and slow to feed. Make sure they get enough by targeting individually.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Does best in a mature densely planted environment with good filtration.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Can take many weeks to settle in to a new tank environment. Very shy, can starve if not given careful attention with food.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )