Marbled Otocinclus (Hisonotus paulinus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Otocinclus paulinus)
38 Litres (10 US G.)
3.6-4.1cm (1.4-1.6 ")
6.5 - 7.5
24 -22 °C (75.2-71.6°F)
- Marbled Otocinclus
Additional scientific names
- Otocinclus paulinus
- Females will be broader when viewed from above.
- Peaceful algae-eater, will flourish in a well planted tank with algae present, peaceful tank mates and hiding places.
- Keep in a tank well stocked with algae for them to graze on. Will also eat catfish discs and blanched vegetables.
- Twice a day if necessary, will graze all day.
- A spacious well planted mature tank is best. Prefers rounded gravel to sand. No strong currents.
- Peaceful fish that will mind it's own business.
- Fairly nondescript little fish. Elongated and mottled dark grey in colour. Similar to Otocinclus in shape.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )