Pocillopora (Pocillopora damicornis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Pocillopora, Poci
- A peaceful coral that should not be kept with fish or invertebrates that may nip it, nor with any other corals that may sting it with their long sweeping tentacles.
- This coral contains the symbiotic algae zooxanthellae from which it receives the majority of its nutritional requirements through photosynthesis. It generally does not require any supplemental feedings but may pick up any other micro-plankton or foods designed for other tank invertebrates.
- This coral is hardy but does best in an established tank. It prefers a high water current and a high light level, so does best in the middle to upper regions of the tank depending on the lighting. Needs stable water parameters to thrive, and adiquate calcium to grow.
- A fuzzy SPS with thick round branches.
- This coral is one of the few species known to sexually reproduce in captivity. The resulting larvae are often found growing on the aquarium glass.