Sailfin Desjardinii Tang (Zebrasoma desjardinii)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Red Sea Sailfin Tang)
Sailfin Desjardinii Tang
908 Litres (240 US G.)
35.6-40.6cm (14-16 ")
8.1 - 8.4
22.2-25.6°C (72 -78 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Sailfin Desjardni Tang, Red Sea Sailfin Tang, Dejardin's Sailfin Tang, Indian Sailfin Surgeonfish
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Found in shallow sea-ward reefs and lagoons to a depth of 25m in the Indian Ocean, ranging from Red Sea south to Natal, South Africa and east to India, Java, and Cocos-Keeling Islands.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- One of the least aggressive Tangs. May cohabit with a member of the opposite sex if in a large enough tank. However, juveniles tend to lead a more solitary life, only pairing up when mature. Will act peacefully towards other fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- An herbivorous fish, will take dried seaweed, marine algae, mysid shrimp, Spirulina, or fresh seaweed.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- They are sensitive to water quality, needs an SG of 1.020 - 1.025.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )