Ticto Barb (Pethia ticto)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Ticto Barb)
114 Litres (30 US G.)
7.6-10.2cm (3-4 ")
6.5 - 7.0
14 -22 °C (57.2-71.6°F)
- Ticto Barb, Tic-Tac-Toe Barb, Two Spot Barb, Firefin Barb
Additional scientific names
- Barbus ticto, Puntius ticto
Origin[edit | edit source]
- Asia: Pakistan, India, Nepal, Sri Lanka, Bangladesh, Myanmar and Thailand. Occurs in the upper Mekong, Salween, Irrawaddy, Meklong and upper Chao Phraya basins.
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Mature males are more brightly coloured, with spotted dorsal, anal, and pelvic fins, and mature females are plumper.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- This fish must be kept in a shoal of at least 6 or more in order to prevent any fin-nipping to tank mates.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen foods such as brine shrimp and daphnia.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Ticto Barbs prefer a spacious tank in which to shoal as they can be quite active. They prefer the water on the acidic side.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A relatively peaceful shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- This Barb is a golden/silver colour with a black spot just before the pectoral fin, and a second spot back towards the caudal. Can be mistaken for Puntius stoliczkanus.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )