Turbo Snail (Turbo fluctuosa)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Turbo Snail)
- Turbo Snail, Top Shell, Turban Snail
- Not possible to distinguish between males and females.
- Peaceful reef-friendly snail. An essential part of the clean-up crew. Avoid keeping with aggressive invertebrates such as Mantis shrimp.
- Grazes on algae, mainly cyanobacteria and diatoms. Diet can be supplemented with blanched spinach or lettuce, vegetable based tablet foods and dried seaweed.
- Can be sensitive to water quality, will not tolerate high nitrates or any copper-based medication in the tank. All rock work in the tank should be well secured, since this snail is capable of rearranging your aquascaping.
- Will be found constantly grazing around the tank. Must be observed regularly as if this snail falls on it's back, it will not be able to right itself.
- Similar to the Astraea tecta, but the shell is shorter and is generally larger.