Snowball Pleco (Hypancistrus inspector)
From The Aquarium Wiki
76 Litres (20 US G.)
15.2-16cm (6-6.3 ")
5.4 - 7.6
22 -30 °C (71.6-86°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Snowball Pleco, L102
- The female is black-brown with white spots while the male has a lot more reddish tones in its colours and white spots. The male has strong odontodal growth while the female has almost none and is a lot fuller and rounder in body shape.
- Does well in a peaceful community tank, may be territorial to other pleco species.
- This pleco is primarily carnivorous but will eat some algae. Feed with live/frozen foods and spirulina. Also fond of zucchini and sweet potato.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Prefers a spacious tank with rock and bogwood decor.
- A generally peaceful pleco.
- This pleco is attractive with a dark base colour, which is more red on males, with white spots covering the body and fins. The fins are edged in a dark band.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )