Jelly Bean Tetra (Ladigesia roloffi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Jelly Bean Tetra
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3-4.1cm (1.2-1.6 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22 -26 °C (71.6-78.8°F)
- Jelly Bean Tetra, Sierra Leone Dwarf Characin
- The male has a longer anal fin than the female.
- A peaceful community fish that should be kept in shoals of 6 or more. Keep with other peaceful community fish but avoid those with long finnage.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as daphnia and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Appreciates a spacious tank with dense planting and plenty of hiding places. Does best in acidic water.
- A timid peaceful shoaling fish.
- A slender elongated tetra with a forked caudal fin. The body is iridescent silver in colour with hints of blue, the fins are translucent with the dorsal and caudal fins with bands of yellow, the dorsal is also tipped with black.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )