Tico Merry Widow (Phallichthys tico)
Tico Merry Widow
57 Litres (15 US G.)
2-2.5 cm (0.8-1")
7.0 - 7.5
23 -30 °C (73.4-86°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Dwarf Merry Widow, Tico Merry Widow
- Endemic to Central America: Upper San Juan River in Costa Rica.
- Males have a large (oversized) gonopodium.
- A generally peaceful livebearer. Should be kept in the ratio of one male per two-three females at least.
- Not a fussy eater, should accept most foods including pellets and flake as well as live/frozen food.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in a spacious planted tank.
- A generally peaceful livebearer.
- More elongated and smaller than other Merry Widows.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )