Indawgyi Stream Catfish (Akysis prashadi)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Indawgyi Stream Catfish
38 Litres (10 US G.)
5.1-6.1cm (2-2.4 ")
6.4 - 7.2
15.6-21.7°C (60 -71 °F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Indawgyi Stream Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Akysis variegatus variegatus
- Very small fish (such as fry) will be eaten.
- Will most likely not take prepared food but should take any frozen or live food.
- Likes to burrow into the sand with only their barbels sticking out.
- Often confused with Akysis hendricksoni, but A. prashadi has a narrower head, narrower set eyes, and smaller body. Colour is brownish tan with small brown spots on head. Larger dark brown or blackish spots are found on the main body.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )