Macmaster's Dwarf Cichlid (Apistogramma macmasteri)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Macmaster's Dwarf Cichlid
76 Litres (20 US G.)
6.4-7.6cm (2.5-3 ")
5.5 - 6.8
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
- The females are smaller than the males and the males have a rounded caudal fin with red markings.
- A generally peaceful fish but only one male of this species should be kept to a tank. Keep one male to several females. Do not keep with delicate or very small fish, but should be fine with peaceful robust tank mates.
- Generally will not take dried foods and prefers live/frozen, some can be weaned on to dry foods with patience. Primarily feed bloodworm, brine shrimp or daphnia.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Does best in soft acidic water with plenty of hiding places and caves in bogwood.
- Generally peaceful, but males can be territorial, especially during spawning.
- A small elongate oval-shaped fish with a tall dorsal with a serrated edge. The body is iridescent blue with hints of yellow while the caudal is yellow also. There are usually three dark grey-black lateral lines down the body, these are often broken lines rather than solid.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )