Viejita Apisto (Apistogramma viejita)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
2.5-5.1cm (1-2 ")
5.5 - 6.5
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Amazon river/Orinoco River Basin /Upper Meta River Basin, South America
- Viejita Apisto lays their eggs in caves, on roots or on the leaves. The female lays a smallish number of eggs. The female guards the eggs and the fry while the male guards his territory which may contain several females with fry.
- The male Viejita Apisto exhibits longer anterior dorsal membrane. The anal fin of males are elongated while the female's anal fin are usually rounded. The ventral fins of matured males are longer than female's. Mature females exhibit a yellowish belly.
- Best kept with other small peaceful fishes.
- Accepts flake foods, but requires frozen and live food to breed.
- Best kept in a densely planted aquarium with a lot of hiding places among rocks and roots, with some areas left open. Viejita Apisto is best kept in a "harem" group with 3-4 females for every male.
- 維吉塔短鯛 Apistogramma viejita - panoramio.jpg
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )