Green Fin Cichlid (Archocentrus centrarchus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Green Fin Cichlid
208 Litres (55 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
7.2 - 8.0
23.9-25.6°C (75 -78 °F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Green Fin Cichlid, Flyer Cichlid, Flier Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Heros centrarchus, Cichlasoma centrarchus, Herichthys centrarchus
- Central America; Pacific slope in tributaries of Fonseca Gulf in Honduras, and Nicaragua. Atlantic slope in Roi Chirripo(Rio Matina) of Costa Rica, and Rio San Juan in Nicaragua, as well as associated river systems, including the Great Lakes.
- Males are larger than the females
- Carnivore; accepts pellets.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Planted tank
- A generally peaceful Cichlid except when spawning as they are very protective of their eggs and fry.
- An attractive oval Cichlid. Adults should generally have an olive base colour with dark vertical banding and iridescent blue on the flanks. There are two dark spots on the gill plates. Juveniles have more yellow colouration, dark vertical banding and dark blotches on the flanks.
- When spawning the pair will go very dark, almost black.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )