Cutter's Cichlid (Archocentrus septemfasciatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
95 Litres (25 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
6.5 - 7.5
21 -27 °C (69.8-80.6°F)
- Cutter's Cichlid, Copper Cichlid
Additional scientific names
- Cichlasoma septemfasciatum
- Mature males are larger and more brightly coloured, mature females have a dark spot on the dorsal fin and her lower back end will turn black with a large copper spot during spawning.
- An aggressive fish, keep with robust similar sized Central American Cichlids or top-dwelling medium sized fish only.
- Will accept most foods including pellet and flake as well as live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp, will also take blanched vegetables and spirulina.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- Provide a spacious well-filtered tank with rock and bogwood decor with caves provided for spawning. This fish will uproot live plants.
- An aggressive fish, especially during spawning.
- An attractive oval-shaped cichlid with a large round black spot in the middle of the flanks. Can hybridise with Archocentrus myrnae.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )