Yellow Giraffe Catfish (Auchenoglanis biscutatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
Yellow Giraffe Catfish
757 Litres (200 US G.)
88.9-137.2cm (35-54 ")
7.0 - 8.0
24 -26 °C (75.2-78.8°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Yellow Giraffe Catfish
Additional scientific names
- Auchenaspis biscutatus, Pimelodus biscutatus
- An African Catfish found in the Rivers Nile, Niger, Senegal and Lake Chad Basin and Gambia basin.
- It is not possible to sex this fish visually, however, an egg-carrying mature female will appear broader in the abdomen.
- A peaceful fish towards tank mates and it's own species. It will, however, pose a threat to fry and small fish and any eggs tank mates may have laid.
- Will accept most foods including sinking pellets and wafers as well as blanched vegetables and live/frozen food such as bloodworm and brine shrimp.
- Feed once or twice a day.
- An active, sociable and peaceful catfish.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )