Twospot Hogfish (Bodianus bimaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
25 -28 °C (77-82.4°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Twospot Hogfish, Twinspot Hogfish, Yellow Candy Hogfish, Twospot Slender Hogfish, Yellow Hogfish
- Indo-Pacific: Madagascar to New Caledonia, Japan to New Zealand.
- This fish is reef-safe, although may eat smaller shrimp. They will be territorial towards other Hogfish, best keep one to a tank. They may also bother very shy delicate fish.
- This is a deep-water fish so must be kept in a tank at least 45.7cm (18") tall, because of this it also does not appreciate very bright lighting. Make sure it has plenty of places to hide.
- An attractive elongated small Hogfish which is yellow in colour with several faint red lateral stripes down the body. It gets it's "two spot" name from the two dark spots on it's body, one just behind the gills and the other at the base of the caudal fin.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )