Cuban Hogfish (Bodianus bimaculatus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
8.9-10.2cm (3.5-4 ")
8.1 - 8.4
25 -28 °C (77-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
- Cuban Hogfish, Spotfin Hogfish
Additional scientific names
- Cossyphus pulchellus
- Caribbean: South Carolina, USA and Bermuda to Honduras and Santa Catarina, Brazil; Eastern Atlantic: São Tomé Island.
- Protogynous hermaphrodites; sometimes switches back, and forth.
- This fish is reef-safe, although may eat smaller shrimp. They will be territorial towards other Hogfish, best keep one to a tank. They may also bother very shy delicate fish.
- Carnivorous; eats a wide variety of fish, and invertebrates.
- This is a deep-water fish so must be kept in a tank at least 45.7cm (18") tall, because of this it also does not appreciate very bright lighting. Make sure it has plenty of places to hide.
- Relatively Peaceful
- An attractive elongated small Hogfish which is red in colour with a faint red lateral stripe down the body, with a yellow tail.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )