Lemon Tetra (Hyphessobrycon pulchripinnis)
From The Aquarium Wiki
(Redirected from Citron Tetra)
57 Litres (15 US G.)
3.8-5.1cm (1.5-2 ")
5.5 - 8.0
23 -28 °C (73.4-82.4°F)
- Lemon Tetra, Citron Tetra
Additional scientific names
- Hemigrammus erythrophthalmus
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- There is a black line on the edge of the anal fin, in females this will be very fine, whereas on males it's much thicker, and even cover a majority of the anal fin. Mature females will also be broader when viewed from above.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful shoaling fish, keep in groups of 6 or more. Does well with other peaceful community fish, do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will take most foods including flake, pellet and live/frozen foods.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Appreciate a spacious tank with both planting and open swimming space.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful mid-swimming shoaling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- A fairly high-sided tetra, similar to the Serpae Tetra. The body is pale yellow in colour, this also goes for the fins which also often have black borders. The eyes are red.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )