Barred Danio (Devario Pathirana)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
6-8 cm (2.4-3.1")
7.0 - 7.8
22 -25 °C (71.6-77°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males are slimmer and brighter in colour.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Can be aggressive and nippy. This fish is endangered in the wild, so is best in species tanks in breeding groups. Will get along with other large species of Danio.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Not a fussy eater, will take most foods including pellets, flakes, live and frozen.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Comes from fast-flowing streams with rocky substrate in Sri Lanka. Will prefer a well filtered tank with sand or rocky substrate, must be long rather than tall to provide lots of swimming room.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Can be nippy and aggressive, keep in a good sized shoal.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Similar to the Giant Danio but with vertical yellow stripes along it's flanks.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )