Sea Pony (Hippocampus fuscus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7-15.2cm (5-6 ")
8.1 - 8.4
21.1-23.3°C (70 -74 °F)
- In the Indian Ocean, Red Sea, Saudi Arabia, Djibouti, and Sri Lanka.
- Once mature, the males have pouches on their abdomen, the females have none.
- They will do best in species tanks. Fast, aggressive fish must be avoided. Peaceful community fish may outcompete the seahorse to food. Clams must also be avoided as they might close on the seahorse. Crabs and hermits can damage the seahorse.
- An ambush predator, they will not hunt for food around the tank and are best target fed with foods such as frozen mysis shrimp, krill or red shrimp. Some may be fussy and take only live food.
- Twice a day.
- Needs an SG of 1.020-1.025 and a tank at least 40.6cm (16") high.
- Peaceful fish, like most seahorses, not overly active and slow swimmers. Will spend their days snuffling for food and interacting with other seahorses.
- Colour varies from dark mustard to bright yellow.
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )