King Tiger Pleco (Hypancistrus sp "L066")
From The Aquarium Wiki
Hypancistrus sp "L066"
76 Litres (20 US G.)
10.2-12.7cm (4-5 ")
5.8 - 7.0
25 -29 °C (77-84.2°F)
You can contribute to the Aquarium Wiki by expanding this article. Dont be shy!.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Peaceful towards tank mates, but may pose a threat to fry. Will be mildly territorial towards other Plecos, but as long as there's enough caves they should be fine.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- This is a carnivorous pleco, feed with sinking wafers and pellets, shrimp, bloodworm, brine shrimp and mussel.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Requires a spacious, mature and well filtered tank. Does well with a strong current and requires many caves in which to hide and stake claim to.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Can be territorial towards conspecifics, but as long as there's plenty of caves these Plecos are more peaceful compared to other Plecos and can share their tank with other Hypancistrus.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Typical Pleco in shape with a large underslung suckermouth. Can be mistaken for several other Pleco species including L333, L318, L399, L400 and L401. L066 has even/straight lines in the fins, other similar fish do not L318 and L401 comes from different rivers other than Rio Xingu, so if capture location is available, then the difference is very obvious. Both of these fishes have a dark base colouration with lighter lines. L318 also has more wide areas of dark colour and the lighter lines are often broken. L401 has narrower dark areas, but still many broken lines.