Seba Mono (Monodactylus sebae)
From The Aquarium Wiki
568 Litres (150 US G.)
20-25 cm (7.9-9.8")
7.5 - 8.2
24 -28 °C (75.2-82.4°F)
This animal is available captive bred
- Seba Mono, African Moony
Additional scientific names
- Psettus sebae
Origin[edit | edit source]
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Should only be kept with other peaceful fish. May prey on fish able to fit into it's mouth.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will accept most foods, but cannot survive on dry foods alone. Ensure to feed live or frozen foods occasionally.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed on a daily basis, once a day should suffice, but twice is acceptable.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Is a brackish fish, but is much more tolerable of low salinities in comparison to other Monodactylus species. If kept in brackish water, and SG of 1.002 to 1.007 is suggested.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A reserved species, which on occasion will move around actively, particularly at feeding time. Has known to prey on smaller species.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Completely different to other Monos, however has been confused with Freshwater Angelfish.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
Videos[edit | edit source]
|In a pet store tank:|
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )