Mystic Bagrid (Mystus mysticetus)
From The Aquarium Wiki
114 Litres (30 US G.)
12.7-13.2cm (5-5.2 ")
6.0 - 7.0
22 -27 °C (71.6-80.6°F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Males have long genital papilla in front of the anal fin.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- Generally peaceful bottom-dweller but may be predatory towards fish smaller than itself. They can be kept with conspecifics as they are not overly territorial.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will eat most foods including sinking pellet as well as live/frozen foods such as bloodworm.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Feed once or twice a day.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Provide a mature well-filtered tank with plenty of hiding places provided in bogwood and rocks. Compatible in planted tanks.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful bottom dwelling fish.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- An elongate fish that is silver-blue in colour with three faint dark lateral lines, two bold white lateral lines and a pale belly. Fins are translucent with three sets of barbels around the mouth.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )