Zebra Otocinclus (Otocinclus cocama)
From The Aquarium Wiki
57 Litres (15 US G.)
4.1-5.1cm (1.6-2 ")
6.0 - 7.5
20.6-23.9°C (69 -75 °F)
Sexing[edit | edit source]
- Difficult to sex, mature females are slightly more plump in the belly than males.
Tank compatibility[edit | edit source]
- A peaceful little catfish, likes company of its own kind, keep in groups of 3 or more. Do not keep with aggressive or predatory fish.
Diet[edit | edit source]
- Will mostly graze on algae around the tank. Supplement with algae wafers and blanched vegetables.
Feeding regime[edit | edit source]
- Supplement when needed.
Environment specifics[edit | edit source]
- Will do best in a planted tank with large leafed plants and flat rock surfaces such as slate, needs algae present to thrive. These fish are sensitive to water quality problems, mature stable tanks are best. Does not appreciate very bright lights, will be active after dark.
Behaviour[edit | edit source]
- Entirely peaceful social fish, will keep themselves to themselves as long as they are in reasonable group sizes. Kept alone they will be very shy and reclusive.
Identification[edit | edit source]
- Same body shape as other Otocinclus, differs in colour with striking black and white blotches/bands.
Pictures[edit | edit source]
[edit | edit source]
- Fishbase (Mirrors: )